Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pretty Dolly Hat - Free Crochet Pattern



I have been sucked into a crochet vortex. I made one hat and went "you know what? I should sell these". Then immediately panicked because the market day loomed faster than I expected and I didn't want to be that person that had three things on their table. So I made a LOT of hats, and fast.

Whatever I didn't sell at the markets, I listed on Etsy... I've also taken a few twitter and facebook orders, so if you want a hat in a particular size and colour, just let me know - they're all made with love and can be with you by Christmas. Bargain for $20!

However, if you want to make your own, then I'm listing them as posts over the next few months, and this one is first. It's my personal favourite out of all the hats I made recently. If it wasn't too small for Veggie Baby, I'd keep it! Instead, I will make her a new one to fit her giant head :)

Similar to the Spring Flower Hat, this one is customisable and easily changed. Just keep working the rows to the desired depth of the hat. I will give you the exact workings of this particular photo so you can play along, but it doesn't take much to make the hat bigger or the brim wider. Huzzah!



You will need:
4.5mm hook 
1 ball 8ply wool, and 1 ball contrasting colour (not necessarily 8ply)


Pattern:

ch 5, join to form ring.

1. ch 1, 10 dc in ring, sl st to join.

2 and 3. ch 1, 1 dc in same stitch, 2 dc in each stitch around, sl st to join.

4 - 12. ch 1, 1 dc in same stitch, then 1 dc in each stitch around, sl st to join. Continue this for as long as you need to make the hat the depth you want. I did 9 rows for this hat.

13 (brim). ch 1, 2dc in same stitch. 2dc in each stitch around, sl st to join.

14.  ch 1, 1 dc in same stitch. 1 dc in each stitch around, sl st to join.

15.. Change colour. 1 sc in first stitch to work colour in, 1 dc in same stitch. 1 dc in each stitch around, sl st to join.

16. ch 1, sc in same stitch. sc in next, hdc, 2 dc, hdc, sc. *sc, hdc, 2dc, hdc, sc*. continue the pattern inside the ** all the way round so it is a little wavy end to your brim.

Flower:

I used this pattern in my two colours. Very cute!


I hope you like it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment