It has the weirdest combination of ingredients, but it works so well! It just kept evolving as I was thinking about it, and there was a bunch of stuff I needed to use in the fridge, and at the last minute, the mushrooms were singing me a beguiling song and I knew I needed to add them. It may look disgusting, you may wonder what the hell I was thinking, but once you taste it, you'll know.
I just can't do pasta without mushrooms. and garlic. usually cream. and when asparagus are in season, then LOOK OUT.
The capsicum was just along for the ride.
Serves 2-3 (or maybe 4 depending on your pasta packet size)
(yes I'm still waiting for a pasta roller)
1 tbs butter
1 tbs olive oil
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 red capsicum
200-300ml cream (depending on how many you're cooking for)
salt and pepper
1. Melt the butter and heat the olive oil. Add mushrooms and cook over medium heat until softening.
2. Add garlic and capsicum and cook 1 minute.
3. Add cream and turn heat on to high. Bring to the boil and let it bubble away for about 5 minutes to reduce.
4. Cook pasta. One minute before it's ready, throw in the asparagus. Drain.
5. Add some parmesan to the cream sauce and season to taste.
6. Add the cream sauce to the pasta and pile in serving bowls. Top with asparagus and extra parmesan.
Linky Bitz♥ The linky will be up every Monday morning, and will stay up until the following Sunday. It doesn't matter if you eat your meal on a day other than Monday - it's just an easy day to create the link.
♥ Grab the Meatless Monday button above and put it in your post, and even on your sidebar if you're feeling generous!
♥ Visit at least one other blogger and leave some love. This is so much more cool if we're in it together!