Sunday, March 21, 2010

M&M Cookies

Actually the best cookie I’ve made in a long time. Now I bake regularly, and have melted a great deal so am obviously the best judge of this…



This is a Betty Crocker recipe for chocolate chip cookies, which I halved and altered slightly. It happens.



mmm see? You can’t resist, can you.

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar (I used 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup golden syrup mmm)
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 eggs
4 cups plain flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 bag semisweet chocolate chips. (I used two regular bags of M&Ms. I’m like that)

Method
1. Heat oven to 180 C or 350 F. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs until light and fluffy. you can use a mixer, or just get a really huge bicep on one side, just like me. Especially if the butter’s still cold! Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. The dough will be pretty stiff, but that’s how it’s meant to be.
2. On an ungreased cookie sheet (I used baking paper), drop dough by tablespoonfuls or an icecream scoop about 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly.
3. Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until light brown. The centres may still be a bit soft, and that’s cool. Remove to a cooling rack after about two minutes.


Good for lunchboxes, nondiabetics, midnight snacks

No comments:

Post a Comment