Paula makes the most gorgeous food, and I love that they're not always diet-friendly. I remember once when Oprah asked her about her high-calorie dishes, she said "Honey, I'm your chef, not your doctor!". Well Amen, Miz Deen.
Here is my attempt at her Peach Cobbler served at her restaurant. I've photographed it cold so it's more cakelike in this picture, but when it comes out of the oven and its all sweet and gooey and buttery, it is just divine. And a little less rigid haha.
4 cups peeled, sliced peaches; 2 cups sugar, divided; 1/2 cup water
(or 1 can sliced peaches in juice)
8 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1. Preheat oven to 185 C
2. Combine the peaches, one cup sugar and water in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. You can omit this step if using canned peaches.
3. Put the butter in a square baking dish and place in oven to melt.
4. Mix remaining 1 cup sugar, flour and milk. Pour mixture over melted butter, but don't stir.
5. Spoon fruit on top, with syrup/juice. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
6. Bake for 30-45 minutes. The batter will rise to make a cake-like topping. Um... delicious!
Recipe from here or you can watch Paula in all her Southern glory make it here. Uber-cute!