Sunday, October 14, 2012

Guest Post - DIY make a cute gift bag from an envelope!





Hullo! Please welcome today Jenny from A Simpler Life... a blog full of art and whimsy and pretty. This is the easiest DIY I've seen in a long time - and has made me very very sad I did not buy more washi tape on both my trips to Japan. I'm an idiot.

Hello everyone… my name is Jenny…

but first a BIG congratulations to Stacey and her family on the arrival of little Pepper… what a sweetie ♥

 
Today I would like to share with you

something I have been shown quite a few times now…

a little gift bag made from an envelope…

easy peasy…any size envelope… colors looks great too…


Take an envelope… a sturdier one works better I think…and seal it…



Score 3 sides at 2cm or fold over and press…

(2 long and 1 short side)

And the top… in this case one of the short ends at 3 cm…

Crease well…



Add strips of washi tape or use strips of patterned paper…. or book text…

in between score lines…

so…

above bottom score line…

just under where flap comes over and on top edge of fold over…



Use a decorative punch or decorative scissors to cut top edge…


And place your hand inside envelope pushing the edge of the envelope out so it is between your score lines… and so it becomes a bag…


Fold under bottom flaps and secure with a little double sided tape….



Punch holes in top fold over… and thread through some twine or ribbon…



And voila… a little envelope gift bag to fill with some goodies..



Thank you for having me…

Jenny ♥



1 comment:

  1. Hallo I
    recently pay
    for web hosting plan from www.elcoplanet.com
    but I need another web hosting provider as backup for my
    hosting..
    I want to
    do reselling
    of web hosting so Elco planet has very good offer for Alpha
    Reseller and Master
    Reseller plans of hosting but I need another provider for backup
    service..can
    you please give me some other links of pages which are offering
    cheap hosting
    as www.elcoplanet.com
    offers ?

    ReplyDelete