This be a bit cute, no?
I made it for the lovely Nikki at Styling You, who you may or may not know is my ACTUAL neighbour.
here she is, modelling it next to the fence that separates us... stupid fence.
She stands on those logs when goodies get passed over and chats need to be had.
One day we will tear the fence down, and East + West will again be unified.
Until then, I'll just keep on hookin'.
Heh. Crochet hookin'. I'm way too pregnant and prudish and lazy for the other type.
Anyhow, Nikki is devastatingly stylish and knows lots of trends and wonderful things that I can't begin to understand or describe. But there's a vintage-hipster-wannabe inside that fashionably clothed woman, and I made this granny scarf to indulge her secret side. She could rock anything.
For the main part of the scarf, I used Moda Vera Mousse yarn, which is 70% pure Australian wool, 30% soy. It is gorgeously soft and incredibly easy to work with.
The flower and scalloped detail was some lovely coral 8ply I had for another project I haven't started yet...
I created this in a very simple V-stitch, which looks gorgeous in such a large yarn.
You will need:
4 50g balls (at least) of Moda Vera Mousse in charcoal/gray
1 ball contrasting colour for edges and flowers.
1. Chain 14.
2. dc - ch 1 - dc in 4th chain from hook. This makes your first v-stitch. Skip a chain loop and dc - ch 1 -dc in next chain loop. Continue v-stitch across each second chain until the end. Chain 3 in final chain loop and turn. You should have five v-stitches with ch3 on each end.
3. Ch 3 to begin row. Continue pattern, v-stitching into the ch-1 section of the v-stitch below it. ch 3 at the ends of each row.
4. Continue to the length of scarf you desire.
In contrasting colour, sc - hdc - 5 dc - hdc - sc in each ch-1 section of v-stitch. Fasten off.
The smaller flower, I used this pattern.
1. Ch 3, and close to form a loop.
2. 10 dc in loop.
3. 2 dc, ch 1 in each stitch around. sl st to join.
4. sc - hdc - 3 dc - hdc - sc in each ch 1 space. Sl st to join. Fasten off.
It's easy! I promise! And super cute. Get cracking :)