Monday, May 3, 2010

Chilli Thai Stir Fry

Don't you love it when you go to make a dinner and you're missing a vital ingredient?

Some of my most memorable meals come from me making do after finding my pantry lacking in necessary items.

Hence, instead of making a honey-soy sauce for my stir fry last night, I ended up making some kind of chilli Thai concoction... and it was glorious.

Observe:


Ingredients:

1/2 cup Ketjap Manis (sweet soy sauce)
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
pinch salt
1 teaspoon cornflour mixed with 1 teaspoon water
1 chilli, finely sliced
juice of one lime
handful coriander, chopped

Mix all in a bowl.

Easy peasy! You can add garlic, but I stir fried my vegetables in it and that was enough... in fact, I recommend that, it adds such a depth of flavour to the veggies. Delicious :)

5 comments:

  1. Ohh that looks right up my alley!
    Mistakes are the only way to make new meals, well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh that looks right up my alley!
    Mistakes are the only way to make new meals, well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made this one tonight. Didn't feel like chopping veggies so I bought some frozen ones - sacrelicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the veggie Thai recipes. I am looking for more Veggie ideas to add at least one vegetarian dish each week and you have some great recipes! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried this last night and it was absolutely delicious. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete