Who doesn't love a good pasta? It's easy, it tastes amazing, and you really need a side dish for your garlic bread, right?
So today, as part of my work, I got to tour the Gourmet Garden factory in Palmwoods, on the Sunshine Coast.
You've all seen those squeezy tubes of herbs and things in the refrigerated fruit and veggie section of the supermarket... garlic, basil, lemongrass (my favourite... no hard bits!), etc, and their new Fresh Blends.
The factory was amazing, and Dominique Rizzo (of Ready, Steady, Cook! fame) served up some delicious treats using Gourmet Garden products.
So, obviously, I had to try it too. They make it look so easy.....
My herb/blend of choice was the Mediterranean blend that is made of oregano, basil, garlic, bell peppers and olive oil.
5 Roma tomatoes, cut in half and roasted with olive oil, sea salt and cracked black pepper until very soft
2 zucchinis... as above
1 onion, diced
about 1/2 tube Gourmet Garden Fresh Blends Mediterranean
(Yup, that's really it. Well, besides the parmesan we added later!)
1. Boil your pasta in boiling salted water until tender. Not sure how? Instructions are on the pack :)
2. Saute your onion in olive oil and half a tube of Mediterranean Blend. It's about two tablespoons. Saute until cooked, about 5-6 minutes at medium heat.
3. Put tomatoes and zucchini in a bowl and mash. Mmmmmm!
4. Add onion to sauce, check for seasoning. Stir through pasta and voila! Easy peasy pasta.
5. Don't forget the crusty bread.
I was not paid or in any way sponsored for this post... I was just curious, is all!