Um, why have I not made fudge before?
This is stupidly easy. And fast. I had no idea.
To appease my family's sweet tooth, I made two batches, one with M&Ms, and one with crushed candy canes on top. I like cooking, they like chocolate, we are a match made in kitchen heaven.
Plus, I like condensed milk, and this just means I get more of it.
1 400g can sweetened condensed milk
100g butter, cubed
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 tbs golden syrup
100g chocolate (any type), chopped if not in bits.
1. Put the condensed milk, butter, sugar and golden syrup in a glass bowl.
2. Cook on high in the microwave for 6 minutes, stirring at 2-minute intervals.
3. When there are bubbles all over the surface, stir in the chocolate until melted and smooth.
4. Pour into 20cm pan lined with baking paper. If you want toppings, add them now.
5. Cool in fridge for 1 hour. Cut into pieces.
|This is how it should look when it's ready for the chocolate.|