This is a big hit. Everybody loves Mexican food, right?
And seeing yesterday was Cinco de Mayo, I wanted to make a Mexican feast to celebrate. I'm like that.
Any excuse for cooking will do. You got a promotion? I'll make a cake. Found a pair of shoes you love? Celebratory cookies for you. Other countries' national holidays? I'm right there with the pumpkin pie.
1 packet veggie soy crumbles (I use Sanitarium Veggie Mince)
1 can refried beans
1/8 teaspoon each of basil, garlic powder and cumin
1 jar salsa
1 1/2 cups cheese
1. in an oiled pan over medium heat, break up the crumbles.
2. sprinkle over the herbs and spices, and add a tablespoon or two of salsa.
3. Mix in the refried beans.
4. Spray a square casserole dish with oil, spread over another tablespoon of salsa. Lay one tortilla on top.
5. Put half the crumble/bean mix on, top with 1/3 salsa and 1/3 cheese.
7. Top with tortilla, the rest of the salsa and the rest of the cheese.
8. Bake in a 180C oven for 30-45 minutes, until heated through and cheese is bubbling.