Monday, May 31, 2010

Masterchef Hommus

It's no secret I love Masterchef... I don't watch a lot of television (too many books in the world, not enough time) but last season, I was hooked. I dominated the remote every day at 7.30pm and woe betide anyone who came near.

This year is no different, and just about everything shown in the masterclasses make me immediately hungry. This hommus recipe, and the one for raw vegetable salad which is coming up next, actually had me moaning at the television... I needed to eat them immediately, if not sooner. And boy, when I made them, I thought my head was going to explode. They were painfully good.

Without further ado, here is Gary's recipe for hommus.


Ingredients

400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
½ garlic clove, bruised
1 tbs tahini
pinch mild paprika
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, juiced, ½ zest finely grated



Method


Blend, baby! Add a bit of water at the end if it's too sticky. I added about two tablespoons. And then I died when I tasted it.

4 comments:

  1. Lemon garlic hummus is the best! I like to throw a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes in too for a little kick! Sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guilty of never having made it before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never made hummus from scratch before although we eat it all the time, my kids love it too! After reading this I so want to try it - thanks for the recipe - going to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So worth it... I was wandering around the house saying "oh my GOD!" after I'd made it. Unbelievably good!

    ReplyDelete